Thursday, September 10, 2015

That's A Wrap!

So I've challenged myself to try a new recipe every month (I know that doesn't sound like much but for me it's a start and a motivation).  Then I'm going to attempt to share it here at View from the Bluff as my "Meal of the Month". You can be sure that the recipes will be easy with few ingredients you can find in your local grocery store.

One of our family's favorite meals is Lettuce Wraps.  I've had this recipe for awhile now, and I can't remember where I got it.  Probably because I take a few ingredients from several different recipes to make my own that fits our liking and my "healthy ingredients" standard.

This meal is one every member of the Deakins' clan enjoys! Trust me, that's hard to find.

Ingredients:
2 inch Ginger Root (peel & grate)
2 cloves of Garlic
2 Green Onions (thinly sliced)
1 can sliced Water Chestnuts
1 cup Cashews
3-4 Chicken Breasts (diced)
Coconut Oil, Sea Salt, Pepper
Romaine or Iceberg Lettuce

Sauce:
2 T Honey
2 T Bragg's Liquid Aminos

Directions:
First toast cashews in a baking dish at 300 degrees for 3-5 min. 
(I like to crush them up a bit)

Warm up a couple spoonfuls of coconut oil in a frying pan, add chicken.  
Season with sea salt and pepper just like my chef here is doing...

After chicken is cooked, add ginger (I use a cheese grater), onions, garlic (I again use a small grater with garlic). Mix well then add chestnuts and cashews & pour in sauce.  

My family likes extra sauce so I usually double the sauce ingredients. 
Keep on low heat for 3-4 minutes to heat through.

Spoon ingredients into lettuce, and as our cousin Avery would say, "Voila!" 

I think.....THAT'S A WRAP!!!!    
And one hungry family now speechless!
















No comments:

Post a Comment